1. 10 players play at time. Teams may play with 8 players.
2. Teams may bat as many batters as they would like. Any late arriving player must be placed at the end of the batting order. Teams must take an out in the batting spot of injured or early-leaving player.
3. No player may re-enter the game once he has been removed from the batting order.
4. Batters begin with a 1 and 1 count.
5. Pitchers may not use any type of fake, jump or intentional hesitation while pitching.
6a. The arc limits for a pitch is: 6 foot minimum - 14 foot maximum.
6b. Pitches outside these limits will be called automatic balls, unless the batter swings at the pitch.
7. Intentional walks are not allowed. If, in the opinion of the umpire, a pitcher is intentionally missing the strike zone in order to walk a batter, the next batter is automatically awarded 1st base.
8. 3rd strike foul is an automatic out.
9. There are no lead-offs. Runners may only leave the base when the ball crosses home plate or the ball is hit by the batter.
10. There are no restrictions on what position a player plays. There is open substitution for fielders that are in the batting order.
11. Slaughter Rule is 10 or more runs after 5 innings.
12. No metal spikes are allowed under any circumstances.
13. Bat Restrictions - SEE IF YOUR BATS ARE ALLOWED!
- Coed 12" - Only 12" style bats may be used! Absolutely no 16" style, double walled or shelled technology, baseball or wide barreled bats may be used. Furthermore, PSG adheres to the the Amateur Softball Association guidelines for banned bats:
Click Here for a list of banned bats according to the ASA.
13a. This rule shall be upheld in the following manner:
- If, prior to the start of the game a banned bat has been identified, it may not be used in the game.
- If the game has begun and a banned bat has been used, at the time of the identification of the banned bat that bat thrown out of the game.
- If the bat has been discovered after a hit but prior to the first pitch to the next batter, the user of the banned bat will be called out and any base runners will return to their appropriate bases.
- If the banned bat has been identified after the first pitch to the next batter, any runs or runner advancement that occurred as a result of that previous at-bat stands. The banned bat will then be thrown out of the game.
14. The NO CONTACT rule is in effect for base runners. A runner must do everything possible to avoid contact. Runners do not have to slide....just avoid contact. Fielders are not entitled to block a base without “having a play" on the runner. Runners that initiate contact will be called out.
15. In the event of contact, It is an “Umpire's Judgment" call, as to which player caused the contact.
Forfeit time is GAME TIME.
If your team forfeits a match during the season, the following rules apply:
- First Offense: game recorded as loss and warning issued.
- Second Offense: game recorded as loss and PSG staff reserves the right to remove team from league and playoffs with no refund for games not played.
- Third Offense: Removal from the league and playoffs with no refund for games not played.
17. No inning will begin 55 minutes after game time.
18. Anyone who strikes out in a game must chug a beer after the game. (Team rule)